“Did you have trouble having children?” are the words I heard when I went to visit my doctor last week. I have been experiencing some interesting symptoms and I went in for a biopsy and sonogram. The question completely took me down memory lane to about 4-5 years ago.
Jaime and I began to have a strong desire to have children. It was hard for me to be as excited as Jaime because when I was 18 years old, my doctors told me that I wouldn’t be able to have children. In addition, I was experiencing those same interesting symptoms again where I bled heavily for about five months straight.
It was a difficult time for me because no matter what we did, there seemed to be no end in sight. I quickly began to lose hope and faith. I felt broken and depressed and this situation just made me feel even lower. It certainly didn’t help to see pregnant women EVERYWHERE. It was like I couldn’t look up without seeing another happy pregnant woman. I know I sound super jealous but I couldn’t help myself. I found myself wanting.
As of late, so many women have reached out to both Celeste and I about issues with infertility, PCOS, low egg counts, miscarriages, ectopic pregnancies, bleeding issues, failed in vitro treatment and the emotional turmoil that accompanies these problems.
I will never forget the moment that I revealed to Jaime that I was pregnant with our first child Caleb. It was an unbelievable moment. I audibly heard God laughing like he was in on the biggest surprise ever! It was such a powerful moment and to this day just simply thinking about it takes my breath away.
My Caleb (2013) and My Amelia (2015)
On our way home from the hospital after they were born.
I share this to say that I understand how you feel and I know what you are going through. I know what it feels like to feel hopeless and discouraged.
BUT THERE IS GOOD NEWS!
God is FAITHFUL and if He can do it for Celeste and I and so many other women that we know personally please BELIEVE that He can and He WILL do it for YOU!
A beautiful group of women gathered to pray this past Sunday for women that have been feeling the same way some of you have been feeling. The passion and power that was released was so great. I’m more than sure that what was released is also for you.
I would love to share some things that revelations that we received from that time of prayer.
1. God loves you!
2. He hasn’t forgotten about you!
3. When you are feeling discouraged and hopeless, know that God is moved with compassion towards you and you shouldn’t feel guilty about your feelings, even women who believe have feelings. In our weakness, He is strong!
4. You are not alone. Your sisters in Christ are also here for you and will bring down heaven on your behalf!
4. His word never returns to us void. This means that if He promised it, it WILL come to pass.
5. God will send you signs and instructions. Follow His lead! You may feel with intuition that you need to change your eating habits, exercise, slow down your fast paced life and or get plenty of rest. Be obedient to what the Lord is saying. Don’t think about it or even doubt it. ACT!
6. When making love to your spouse, focus on each other! Relax and try your hardest to focus on the love you both share. Get lost in each other.
7. God’s power is greater than any negative report.
And NOW may the POWER and LOVE of God who makes us righteous deeming us worthy of ALL good things through Christ Jesus touch your body, soul and mind. That you are HEALED and FREE by His body and blood that was broken and shed for us. May His peace settle your broken heart and may a surge of RENEWED FAITH and HOPE empower you to BELIEVE and RECEIVE the desires of your heart to bear beautiful children.
Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD – Psalms 31:24 (New International Version)
We love you and are always praying for you!